Saturday, October 9, 2010

Happy Fall!!

Thanksgiving weekend is always a favorite around our house...I host dinner every year, and have done for about 10 years (ever since my mother in law served us meatloaf for Thanksgiving dinner one year....that is soooo wrong....must have turkey and ham and mashed potatoes and sweet potatoe casserole, etc., etc.) So, every year we get a few extra people, someone whose family is away, or has no family to go to, friends who just don't want to be alone. I love that. To me that is what it is all about...being thankful for what you have, and sharing it. So, for dinner this year I will be feeding 34 souls and loving it.

In the spirit of all things fall, I have made a couple of cards. I make invitations for everyone every year, and it usually takes two or three tries before I find the one I like and can mass produce fairly easily. These two I am happy with, but were too fussy and were not used. I have no pics yet of the one I sent this year, but will post them when I get a minute.

This first one is, of course, a Magnolia. She is so cute. Love Magnolias.
 


This one is a digistamp from Sassy Cheryl's...she makes adorable snowmen, and when I saw these I was sure they would work, alas, the coloring and shading just took too much time to make a couple of dozen of them. So there is only this lonely one. Ain't it cute?
 


Thanks again for looking. Have yourselves an awesome Thanksgiving Weekend. Shirley.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beate said...

Hi Shirley,
Your fall cards look lovely!
Hugs and smiles