Monday, May 11, 2009

Magnolia Challenge # 4 and a BEAUTIFUL card from a friend!

This week at the Magnolia Challenge the only requirement was to use stitching--either real or faux. Since I love using stitching on cards, I went straight to my Janome and got to work. And this is what I came up with. I stitch up the layers first, since I like the inside of my cards nice and clean.

This card is for one of the teachers, at end of year. I have about 6 of these to make (one in French...for the French teacher, of course!) so I thought since I had some time yesterday, I might as well get started.
Materials: Martha Stewart PP; Bazill CS; Katy's pearls; Cricut DoodleCharms Cart; Cricut Lyrical Letters Cart; stitching by machine.
This is a circle card I did from a sketch on Carla's blog...the circle doesn't stand very well...little heavy on the right side;) Still cute though, and good for a quick note for a friend. The pic isn't that great either...I do like to take pics on the front porch by this plant (Which despite all odds, grows out of a crack in the stone, and comes back every spring to flower for me!), but it is a little dark, and too much leaf in it.
And last, but definitely not least, this is a card I got from my blogging friend in Ireland! She sent me some lovely clear stamps, which I hope to ink up very soon, and some Magnolia and WOJ images. Thank-you so, so much Dei! If you haven't seen her blog yet, you should check it out. "All that glitters" can be found on my blog list to the right. She does wonderful work!

Thanks for stopping by...I really appreciate it. I do this to keep a record of the cards I make, and of our fun and very hectic life, and I love trying out sketches and challenges...but it is also nice to "meet" new people. So if you are visiting...say hi, and I'll return the favor!

Shirley.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rach said...

beautiful cards, with such pretty details. thank you for joining us at just magnolia.x

deifen said...

Fantastic cards Shirley-I love the Tilda-gorgeous colouring and the scalloped edge is perfect!The teacher card is brilliant-I'd be so thrilled if any of my students gave me something so sweet!
I adore the vibrant colours of the circle card!
My kids and I had such a thrill to see my card perched among the plants "far,far away in Canada!"-thanks for your kind words!!
Keep making those fab cards-looking forward to seeing the carte francaise!
Take care!
Dei xx