Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge #3

This week's sketch was definitely a challenge for me...I tried several different styles, and somehow ended with this...but once I got started it was alot of fun. I definitely took some artistic license with the sketch, but I think you can still see it in there.
Materials: Bazill CS; BoBunny Polkadot PP; unknown PP from my stash; Ribbon from Michaels; Pearls from Katy's; Cricut Expression From the Garden and Storybook Cartridges; Ranger Inks to accent the sunflower and leaves; Fiskars border punch and Tilda is colored with Prismas and Gamsol (again)...seems to be the only result I'm happy with.
So far, I'm working with only images stamped for me by my blog-friend Carla (although, just yesterday, I recieved a few more lovelies from my blog-friend Dei in Ireland)...I've finally placed an order for some of my own. I really love coloring them up and playing with them. Hopefully it will arrive soon!

Thanks so much for dropping by. Shirley.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rach said...

a fabulous card, love the summery feel. great colours and details. Thank you so much for joining us at the just magnolia challenge blog. hugs rachxx

deifen said...

Hi Shirley!
I love this -the sunflower is just fab and Tilda is beautifully coloured!So glad your images reached you as they travelled around in my husband's car for a few days before they were posted!!
Looking forward to seeing what you make with them.Hope you like the Clare Curd stamps -she has loads of ideas and challenges using them on her blog stampin' chic(think its on my blog)
(cyber)talk soon!
Dei xx