Friday, March 6, 2009

HH Let Your Light Shine!

I was shopping yesterday (I know...shame on me! Like I need any more "stuff".) at one of my fav scrapbooking stores, and discovered they had recently gotten some High Hope Stamps in. Now, I don't actually do a lot of stamping anymore...I seem to have migrated into different areas...but these are so cute! So I bought a couple, and tried this one out. I'm not much of a colorer (is that a word?), and I'm not great at "cutesy"...but I had fun...so I'll pull out the others I bought soon, and hopefully make some different cards.
This stamp is from a clear stamp set...the company escapes me right now...and I feel to lazy to run upstairs to find out...so I won't. Unbelievable that in all the cards I have on hand...none is a birthday card suitable for a twelve year old girl. And since Lexi has a birthday party to attend tomorrow...I found myself having to make a card. I saw this design on Carla Peicheff's site (Moralia's weblog-see my sidebar), drew a rough sketch of it on a post-it note and took it upstairs to make. Carla is very good at "girly cards", so I CASE'd her card, with a couple of differences. Hers is much prettier, but I think Lexi's friend will be happy.

I have been home sick this week...doc says I have an ulcer...seems I have been bottling up some stress, which is not unusual for me this time of year...with winter stuff wrapping up, and spring stuff ramping up...I guess it all takes a toll. Couple that with too much work, and it makes for a very uncomfortable situation. So...I'm trying to relax, which is certainly not a natural state for me. Type A personality, that's me! Don't mean to whine...

Thanks for reading. Shirley.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

deifen said...

Great cards Shirley-I think your colouring is really good!I really love the cupcake card -the little pearls are great!Hope you manage to chill out and get some much needed rest-you seem to have a lot on your plate and I guess your body is telling you that you need a rest!
Take care.
Dei xxx