Wednesday, March 4, 2009

2S4Y Kazan's Sketch 21

I've had this pp for a while and just never knew what to do with it. When I saw Kazan's sketch, and started checking out my stash, I thought maybe it might work. I see lots of cards with black these days, and really love them, so I gave it a try. I know the pics do not do it justice...the true colors just don't come out in this dreary setting. Hopefully you get the jist though.
Materials: Bazill CS
Basic Grey Ambrosia PP
Making Memories Shimmer Alpha
Cricut Storybook (black flourish)
Martha Stewart black pearls
Felt, paper flowers, and large black rhinestone came in a package together...which I threw away, so am unsure (I'm thinking
either Kaiser or Prima)

And here are my boys...in their new paintball jerseys. Josh designed these himself...and had them made up for the team. Jonah does not play, but often goes along to tournaments to be the "pod boy". (They have a different name for him, which is not nearly as nice, and which I refuse to call him:).
They actually look pretty cool I think. Although I know that is probably just a mother's "eye". Josh is 15, and already at least 5 inches taller than me, and Jonah, at 13, is looking me straight in the eye. Won't be long before I am the shortest person in the house. (I am 5'9"...no shorty myself!)

Thanks so much for looking. Shirley.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

deifen said...

A very sophisticated looking card Shirley!The pp is beautiful and the black accents are just right-the black pearls look great!
Love the paintball shirts-they're really cool and remind me of grafitti(in a good way!).You have two lovely and obviously very talented sons !(Lexi is lovely too of course!).
Dei xxx

Unknown said...

This card is so elegant and eye catching Shirley - and a really nice take on the sketch too. I love the picture of your boys - can't believe you one son designed those shirts himself - looks like he has an eye for creativity too.
Thanks for playing this week
:) Kazan

Angela said...

Very eyecatching card...great colors...

cnelson said...

love your card and love your sons jerseys! that is amazing that your son designed them...he is very talented!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card !!! Sooo beautiful !!

Annika said...

You were right to use those papers, great results.

I always have trouble with busy papers like that but you did a wonderful job ... a bit of cardmakers envy raising its ugly head here :D

Savitri said...

Very cool card, beautiful!!! The boys are great too. Those are some nice shirts! So nice that your son got to design them. He's very talented!!

Christy said...

Great job! So pretty :)

~amy~ said...

Love your card! I used the same pp on my 2s4y card:

http://tsurutadesigns.blogspot.com/2009/03/fruit-salad.html

Fun to see your take on the sketch...LOVE it!