Monday, February 9, 2009

Finally...some time in my craft room!


This is the first time I got to play with a clear card, and I think I'm hooked. It was so much fun figuring out where to put things so the adhesive wouldn't show. It is just a simple card...maybe next time I'll try to be a little more corageous.
This card is one I saw on another blog, and I do apologize for this. I was definitely inspired by this artist's work, but I shamefully forgot to write down her name. So, if you are checking out my humble blog, and recognize this as your design, please leave me a comment so that I can give credit where it is due. Anyway, I'll probably give this to one of my sons for Valentine's day on Saturday...along with a gigantic Hershey's Kiss I picked up for them all yesterday.
This was my take on last week's 2S4Y challenge, which I never got to submit...done too late. I made the hearts the way I make my lollipop flowers, and added some bling. I think my husband will get this one.
The idea for this card came from Carla Piecheff's blog, I liked it so much I thought I'd give it a try. The back of the card slides open (attached by a brad) so I can still write inside. The hand stitching turned out so cute...I know that my daughter will love this one.

That's all for today...it is time to go to bed. Sometimes I feel like a vampire...awake all night, asleep all day. Thanks for giving my blog some of your time. Have a great Monday. Shirley.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

deifen said...

Hi Shirley-I was just finishing my comment on your last posting when the postman dropped in a package from Canada!!What an amazing coincidence!Thank you-you're an angel-I'll e-mail you later!
Back to your beautiful creations-I love all of them but the hansewn heart is just sooo precious-you could not buy anything so personal and thoughtful in any shop!The clear card is really cool too!I think everyone in your house will be very happy on Valentine's Day!
So good to see you've some time to craft again as you seem to have had a tough time with all the night duty since Christmas!
Must go now as my 3 little monkeys have run off with my lovely new toys from Canada!!
A huge thanks and best wishes to you and your family!
Dei xxx