Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Laura's Sketch #14 @ 2S4Y--My Take on it

Finally, my stretch of nights is over and I was able to get back into my craft room. Mind you, I did these this morning at about 3 am. That happens a lot...difficult to make the body believe it should be sleeping. Those of you who work night shift know what I mean. Anyway, I got these new papers from Fancy Pants (Happy Holidays), along with some chipboard embellishments, and had to give them a try. Cardstock is Bazill, and the pearls are Queen & Co. Pretty simple, but most of my cards seem to be. Sorry about the quality of the picture...can't seem to find a good place in the house to get a good picture.
A close up of the sentiment. I really like this one.
This card uses all the same paper, and I guess sort of even follows the sketch, I traced one of those cool Bazill trims, and cut out my own, because I wanted to us PP instead of a solid color. I kind of like the effect.
This one is just for fun...I mean what else am I gonna do at 3 am? Besides drink gallons of Starbucks Christmas Blend Coffee. Which is my big splurge every year at Christmas time. I love it! My husband finds it too strong, so more for me!:) Well, I need to be off. We took all the Christmas decorations out of the attic last night, and now I need to start sorting out this mess before it makes me crazy! Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful Shirley! I love the fun bright colors:) Well dome!
Laura

Unknown said...

These are all beautiful! Great colors! I love your 2s4u card with the swirls and pearls!

corinnesomerville said...

These are gorgeous, Shirley !!! I'm glad your done nights for awhile ! Enjoy a "normal" life, while it last !!!

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

wow, all your cards are beautiful.

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Greta cards!!!

Lea L. said...

Very cool cards!! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Peet said...

Beautiful cards, Shirley!!!Great take on Laura's sketch!

Kristen Swain said...

seriously cute cards!
kris

deifen said...

Stunning cards Shirley-they're really striking and the colour scheme of the fancy pants cards are amazing!
Dei x