Friday, December 5, 2008


Hello all: This card was made by my eleven year old daughter, Lexi. She quite enjoys checking out my blog, and wanted to put something she made on it. She is turning out to be just like Mom...loves hanging out in my craft room. As a matter of fact, she has her own desk up there, and is starting to collect her own stash! I know, I know, I'm creating a monster. Still, it is fun to hang out up there with her.

Nothing crafty from me today...still busy trying to get the Christmas decorations out before I have to start another stretch of nights. I'm busy putting the lights on the tree today...so we can get the decorations up. The kids love to do this. We have a tradition that my husband and I started the first Christmas we were married. Every year, each person gets an ornament to hang on the tree. We try very hard to find one that reflects something important in that person's life that year. Some years we are more successful than others. It takes a while to get them hung up because we have to "remember" each ornament. We have a book with each year's ornaments recorded in it, and why it was chosen. Not a very fancy book though...maybe that is something I could work on...after Christmas of course. No time now.
Anyway, before this turns into a novel, and I don't get the lights up (tragedy), Tomorrow, I plan to put up the outdoor decorations, and to make my wreaths. If I actually get that done, I'll post some pictures of them. Thanks for stopping by and reading my rambling.

PS: Lexi would love to hear what you think of her Christmas card! Thanks so much. Shirley.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

deifen said...

Hi Lexi- I love your card!!You're one very talented young lady-your Mom had better watch out!I've two girls (7 and 9) and a little boy who's 3 and they all love crafting too-its really addictive!
Keep crafting and enjoy the holidays!
Love ,Dei xxx

Julie said...

Hi Lexi
Your card is beautiful , so simple and very classy and effective. I see you are taking after you Mum in the crafting area !

The wreaths and urns look fab. So gorgeous, just wouldn't look the same here ! lol.

Hugs
Julie

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful, Lexi!! I love the snowflakes in each corner!!! Fabulous job!! :)