Wednesday, November 12, 2008

2S4Y My first sketch attempt


Well, I am a little nervous about this...as I said, I'm not sure what I enjoy doing as hobby, as "therapy" for a very busy life, should be out there pretending to be anything else. Anyway, here I am, on Wednesday morning, trying to figure this all out...before I go to sleep. (Night shift worker!) I was looking at Kazan's sketch this morning while blog-hopping and thought I'd give it a try. Since I'm trying to get my Christmas cards done on time this year...it's a Christmas card.

Supplies: Bazill Cardstock
My Mind's Eye P.P.
American Craft ribbon
Quick Kutz Holiday Phrases cookie cutter dies
MME Rhinestones
Bazill flourishes patterns
K and Co chipboard
Flowers from Michaels
Dollar Store tag
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Shirley this turned out just gorgeous. Love the red and the little embellishment cluster. Thanks so much for posting! Look forward to seeing more of your work next week
:) Kazan

Unknown said...

I'd say it's more than an attempt! This is beautiful!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is so pretty. I love how you did the little tag in the corner. :)

Angie Tieman said...

What a fabulous card! Love the colors and the details you added, like the bling and the layers behind your tag! Great job!

Congrats on the new blog! YOu'll be addicted in no time!! lol!

elske said...

great card

Danielle said...

Lovely card! Ik really love the bling...

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Shirley! I LOVE your take on Kazan's sketch ;)

Eveline said...

It's a lovely card. I like the colors and the little tag looks great.
Eveline.

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card for the sketch Shirley and now you realise you will be addicted...hope to see you next week
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Frida said...

Great card ! I love the flower with the tag !

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Beautiful card!!

Martha said...

Great card! Very pretty.
Martha

debby4000 said...

beautiful card, brilliant job using the sketch.

Katie said...

Welcome to blogging! I love that your kids encouraged you!

LOVE your card....absolutely gorgeous!!

Katie

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Your card is fabulous!

Lea L. said...

Welcome to the world of card sketches!! Wonderful job with your first one...your card is beautiful!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

What a great card! Love the bling!