Monday, May 4, 2009

Having some fun with my Cricut

This card I did for the "Bitten by the Bug" Challenge this week. Which was to use the border cut from the Doodlecharms Cartridge. I went with the cupcakes for this one. Materials: Bazill Kraft paper; Bo Bunny Polka Dots PP; Katy's pearls; Kaiser gems; We R Memory Keepers PP; Bazill CS. I used my trusty sewing machine for the stitching on the cupcakes, Ranger Inks in several colors to edge the cupcakes; and stickles diamonds for the flames. I'm happy with the brightness of it...very birthday-ish!
My son Jonah has a birthday party to go to Friday night, so I needed a masculine card. Not so easy. So I pulled out my Wildcards Cartridge and used the star cut. It passed the "boys" inspection, so I guess it'll be given. I used Bazill CS; PP from my stash (unknown); Lyrical Letters Cart for the sentiment; and silver pearls from Michael's.
This pic shows it opened. I had a hard time getting these pics...the wind kept blowing the card over:)

Thanks for looking. Thats it for today...off to clean out my daughter's bedroom...she had her chance...now its my turn. This could take a while...she is definitely a packrat!! Shirley.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: