Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2S4U -- Laura's sketch #16

Okay...it's been awhile since I tried one of the 2S4U sketches, and I had some time yesterday to play...thank goodness. I was beginning to feel withdrawal symptoms! Glad to get away from Christmas Cards too! I had a hard time with this one...discarded a couple before settling on this one.
Materials:

CS: unknown
PP: unknown
Rhinestones: Martha Stewart
Die cut shapes: Plantin Alphabet (Cricut)
Buttons: Walmart
Stickers: Doodlebug Designs


Look what I got for Christmas! I was so shocked...I had no idea my husband even knew what a Cricut was! What a great guy, eh?! It's funny because whenever he ventures up into my craft room, he "complains" that there is no way I can get anything else into that room!
To be honest, I did have to rearrange things in order to make room on my desk for it...glad to do it though. Hope your Christmas was as exciting! I took some pics of my craft room, and of some projects Lexi did with the Cricut...which I'll try to post later. I have to work nights tonight, and I want to be ready to go by 7:30 so I don't have to miss one minute of the IIHF World Juniors Hockey game tonight...Canada vs USA...our team is absolutely ROCKING this year. Best hockey I've seen in a while...besides my son's games of course! LOL!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Great card Shirley! Never feel intimidated your work is beautiful! Oooohh you lucky girl... a Cricut Expressions!!! You will love it! I love mine:) Hugs & Happy New Year!
Laura

Amy C said...

Beautiful card!! I really like your take on Laura's sketch at 2s4y. Have fun with your Expressions!!

Unknown said...

Love the colors! It's so cute! Congrats on your Expression!

deifen said...

Love the card Shirley-its got an "edge" to it if you know what I mean(?!)
Your husband is a Saint!!!I'd give my eye teeth for a cricut!Can't wait to see what you'll make!
Happy New Year
Dei xxx

Peet said...

Gorgeous!!! love your take on laura's sketch!

Jacquel said...

Very pretty! love the red...great job on the sketch!!

Unknown said...

I love your card! The lollipop flowers are adorable! Congrats on the new Cricut!

Eva said...

Such a pretty card and what a great hubby you have to get you a Cricut!

Meda said...

I too struggled with this sketch. I love what you came up with.